project aloft star
project aloft star
Please read the terms & conditions of these Official Rules before entering "Project: Aloft Star" (hereinafter the "Contest") to be conducted by Marriott International (the "Sponsor"). By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all the eligibility requirements set out herein below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM.
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the United Kingdom only, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and not currently under contract with a record label (each an "Entrant"). Entrants may not be, nor may Entrants use in the Entry (defined below), parties who are subject to third party agreements which would conflict with Sponsor's use of the Entry as set forth herein or other terms set forth herein, including but not limited to, talent agent or talent management agreements, acting or modeling agreements, music recording agreements, merchandising agreements, production agreements and/or union or labor agreements. Employees of hotels that are operated under the Aloft brand (collectively, the "Aloft Hotels") and Marriott International Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. ("Marriott International"), and any of their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Each person who participates in the Contest is an Entrant. Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of the terms and conditions described herein ("Official Rules"). Winning the Contest is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Contest is subject to all applicable country and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Sponsor: Marriott International Europe I Barnards Inn I 86 Fetter Lane I London EC4A 1EN. "Sponsor".
3. Contest Period: The Contest begins on September 18, 2017 at 00:01 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time ("GMT") and ends on October 18, 2017 (the "Contest Period"). The contest consists of three (3) phases as outlined below.
|Phase||Start Date||End Date|
|Submission Period||September 18, 2017|
|September 29, 2017|
(11:59 p.m. GMT)
|Public voting to determine Five (5) Semi-Finalists||October 2, 2017||October 13, 2017|
(11:59 p.m. GMT)
|Finalist Live Performance Judging to determine Three (3) Finalists and One (1) Grand Prize Winner||On October 18, 2017||October 18, 2017|
4. How to Enter: To enter, go to projectaloftstar.uk.com (the "Contest Site") between September 18, 2017 at 00:01 a.m. GMT and September 29, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. GMT (the "Entry Period"), where you can find a link to the Contest application on the Project: Aloft Star tab during the Contest Period and follow the instructions. Complete the registration on the application, including a valid email address. Each Entrant may enter/upload up to one video file of their performance of one song performed by the Entrant. The submitted video file will be considered the Contest "Entry". By uploading an Entry, Entrant acknowledges that his/her Entry may be posted on Sponsor's website, on Sponsor's Facebook, Twitter or Instagram pages or otherwise (collectively, the "Website") in Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, screen, modify, or alter Entries prior to posting them to the Website. Entrant understands and agrees that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post the Entry submitted. ENTRIES POSTED TO THE WEBSITE ARE NOT ENDORSED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS OF THE ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OR SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER.
5. Terms of Entry Submission: In order for an Entry to be considered eligible to participate in the Contest, each Entrant hereby represents and warrants that (i) Entrant meets all eligibility requirements for the Contest, (ii) the Entry conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the "Guidelines and Restrictions") and (iii) in creating the Entry and entering the Contest, Entrant has complied with all applicable laws and regulations and has not violated any agreement or understanding by which Entrant is bound, including without limitation any confidentiality, employment, consulting, intellectual property assignment, copyright or license agreement. Entrant understands and agrees that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any Entry and disqualify any Entrant from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion that Entrant has not complied with these representations and warranties. All Entrants must be aware of and available on October 18 2017 to perform live at Aloft Liverpool Hotel if they become a Semi-Finalist, and must provide and supply all equipment required for performances along with paying and arranging their own travel and accommodation expenses. SUBMISSION OF AN ENTRY GRANTS SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS AN UNLIMITED, WORLDWIDE, PERPETUAL, ROYALTY-FREE LICENSE AND RIGHT TO PUBLISH, USE, MODIFY, PUBLICLY PERFORM THE ENTRY IN ANY WAY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, IN ANY AND ALL MEDIA, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AND WITHOUT CONSIDERATION TO THE ENTRANT.
6. Determination of Winner: There are three (3) rounds of judging and voting to determine the winning Entrant (the "Winner") of the Contest:
Judging to Determine the Semi-Finalists: From October 2 – October 13, up to Twenty (20) eligible Entries, as determined and decided upon by the Sponsor from all Entrants, will be posted on the Project: Aloft Star Page for members of the public to vote on (the "Voting Period"). Fans may vote for their favorite Semi-Finalist Entry. Limit one vote per person, per day during Voting Period. This will determine the top five (5) semi-finalists (the "Semi-Finalists"). The five (5) Entries with the most votes will become the Semi-Finalists. In the event of a tie, tied Semi-Finalists will be re judged by Sponsor based on Originality. The sixth semi-finalist will be chosen by the Judges, irrespective of the number of public votes that the Entrant has received.
Judging and Voting to Determine the Finalists: On October 18, 2017 the six (6) Semi-Finalists will perform live at Aloft Liverpool Hotel. Each Semi-Finalist will be provided with one hotel room per act entered courtesy of Aloft Liverpool. Each performance will be live streamed on Aloft Liverpool Facebook Live. At the end of the live performances, Semi-Finalists will be judged by the Judges and the public via Facebook Live to determine the three (3) finalists (the "Finalists"). In the event of a tie, tied Semi-Finalists will be re judged by Sponsor based on Originality.
Please Note: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail or Facebook accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated Entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial Contest subscription, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and Entries or votes by any means that subvert the Entry/Voting process or do not conform to the spirit of these Official Rules will void the Entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes, and voters are prohibited from soliciting votes on behalf of entrants, by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes, payments or other inducements to members of the public (including, without limitation, offering to trade votes), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and all associated votes may be void and such entrants disqualified.
Judging to Determine the Grand Prize Winner: The three (3) Finalists entries will perform two (2) songs live at Aloft Liverpool Hotel in front of a panel of Judges on October 18, 2017. One will be the Entry song they entered with during the Submission Period, the second a further song. The Grand Prize Winner will be determined by the Judges. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re judged by Sponsor teams vote.
Winner Announced: On October 18, 2017, Sponsor will announce the Winner at the live event at Aloft Liverpool Hotel. Sponsor will subsequently announce the Winner via its Project: Aloft Star Tab, Website and social media channels on or around October 18, 2017.
Entrants agree that the Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Any attempt by Entrant or Entrant's family or friends to vote more than the number of times authorised per day using multiple names or accounts or by any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to disqualify any Entrant in its sole discretion.
7. Prizes: One (1) Finalist Winner will receive a £5,000 cash prize and the opportunity to perform at the Project: Aloft Star Live Finale in the United States of America on or around w/c 6th November 2017.
Prize and prize components are non-transferable and no substitution or cash redemption will be permitted unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for all federal, state, provincial, territorial, municipal and local taxes and any other costs, expenses or fees associated with prize acceptance and/or use not specified herein as being provided including all travel and related expenses incurred attending any live performances. All prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion.
8. Requirements for Winner/Eligibility: Individuals who accept prizes will be required to execute and return to Sponsor, within seven (7) calendar days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent: (i) a Confirmation of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release and assignment of rights ("Release"); and (ii) a License Agreement providing Sponsor with a royalty-free, perpetual worldwide license to the song, including but not limited to all sound recording rights, composition rights, public performance rights, and synchronisation rights necessary for Sponsor or its agents to publish, use, publically perform, and modify the Entry in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised (the "License"). If a potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days, fails to execute and return the License, or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, such potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, at Sponsor's sole discretion. Only one (1) alternate winners will be selected through this process, if time permits, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify Winner's agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner's name, city, likeness, photo, Entry and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Travel will be organized by the Sponsor, but the Winner must be able to and legally permitted to fly to the U.S.A on or around w/c 6th November, 2017. The Winner must have all the necessary travel documentation for flying to the U.S.A, including any necessary visas etc. If the Winner does not have the necessary documentation or legal right required for overseas travel, then they forfeit the Prize and another Winner will be chosen.
9. Other Terms and Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the potential winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received prior to the time of such termination using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys' fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability and Release: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Contest Entrants resulting from any user's or Entrant's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. By entering the Contest, Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Marriott International, Aloft Hotels, and Facebook and each of its related companies, Twitter, their respective parents (if applicable) and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, and agents ("Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize whether or not caused by the negligence of the Released Parties. Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Contest; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the submission process or the Contest; (iv) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (v) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (vi) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorised third party use of any Entry.
IN ADDITION, ALL ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF THE CONTENT OR OTHER INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY ENTRANTS.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the United Kingdom. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Released Parties in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the United Kingdom, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the United Kingdom or any other country), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the United Kingdom.
13. Winners List: Winners List requests will only be accepted after the Contest end date (listed above) and no later than October 18, 2017. To request a copy of the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Marriott International Europe I Barnards Inn I 86 Fetter Lane I London EC4A 1EN.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used in the event you are determined the winner or if you have indicated that you would like to receive additional information from Sponsor.
Start:September 04, 2017 @ 04:18 am (GMT)
End:October 20, 2017 @ 11:59 pm (GMT)
Start:September 04, 2017 @ 04:18 am (GMT)
End:September 29, 2017 @ 11:59 pm (GMT)
Start:October 01, 2017 @ 11:59 pm (GMT)
End:October 13, 2017 @ 11:59 pm (GMT)
You must be at least 18 years old to enter